The firm's origins can be traced back to 1890 when AG Sayers set up in business following his qualification as a chartered accountant. In its initial years the firm of AG Sayers traded from offices in Queen Victoria Street EC4.
The Sayers Butterworth we know today has evolved and grown over the years, with new generations of partners ensuring that the firm retains its original philosophies of looking after clients and providing good service, whilst always adopting modern practices and technology.
Following spells in the West End at Brook Street and Bentinck Street, it now operates from offices at 12 Gough Square, next to Dr Johnson's house, just off Fleet Street in Central London.
Sayers Butterworth has a rich and varied history. On a recent trawl through our archives we discovered the firm's accounts ledgers from 1945, complete with a "Peace in Europe" bonus to all staff members!
The firm changed its status to a limited liability partnership in May 2005, registering as Sayers Butterworth LLP. Today it provides assurance, tax and advisory services to private clients, professional practices, owner-managed businesses, mid-large corporates and not-for-profit organisations.