Technology enabled businesses
We specialise in providing accounting, tax and business advisory services to businesses in the technology and telecoms sector. Whilst our experience ranges from start-ups to quoted and private equity backed companies, we have a particular focus on entrepreneurial and owner-managed businesses.
It is important that you are handled by a team who understand the challenges facing technology and telecoms businesses. We will invest time understanding your needs and concerns and will tailor our advice to help you achieve your objectives. We provide an efficient and robust audit service together with value added tax and business advisory services, underpinned by our experience and knowledge of the issues affecting your sector.
Specific areas where we can provide assistance to you include:
- Revenue recognition policy. Due to the often complex nature of sales contracts, this is invariably a key and sensitive area for technology businesses. We can offer advice and assurance in establishing a robust policy in accordance with FRS5 Application Note G, IAS 18 or SOP 97-2.
- Generating tax refunds and savings from claiming tax relief on qualifying Research & Development costs.
- Advising on financing options or capital restructuring and reductions.
- Other tax planning including international tax advice and maximisation of tax losses.
- Providing outsource services such as bookkeeping, accounts preparation, VAT return completion, payroll processing and year end reporting
- Employed versus self-employed issues with contractors
For more detail on how we would work to help you, contact Martin Dunne and Matthew Wright.